ReBuild Houston Advisory Committee
Contact: Daniel Krueger
Phone: (832)395-2474 Fax: (832)395-2474
Updated as of: 5/22/2013
LEGAL AUTHORITY FOR CREATION AND OPERATION(City)
Article XIV of Chapter 47, Section 47-861 of the City of Houston Code of Ordinances. Rebuild Houston Oversight Committee to advise the city on drainage project priorities and process. Ordinance No. 2011-254.
GENERAL POWER AND DUTIES
To be an Independent Advisory Committee whose role is to advise the City on “project priorities and process”. The Committee will report directly to the Mayor. In performing this advisory role the Committee will:
• Review the criteria established by Public Works and Engineering to prioritize street and drainage
projects and recommend any changes.
• Create a forum that ensures citizens are informed of project priorities and have an opportunity to
input their views.
• Monitor the appeals process and , if necessary, suggest procedural changes generally
applicable to the process.
• Review community communications of all projects and recommend improvements to Public Works
• Evaluate the execution of projects and recommend changes to the process and priorities.
• Review the initial 10 year Rebuild Houston plan in the 1st half of CY2012 and recommend any
• Participate in the creation of a mentoring program (similar to the Greater Houston Wastewater
• Participate in the creation of a job training/apprenticeship/internship program in partnership with
education, business, non-profit and labor organizations.
• Review and recommend changes to the W.A.T.E.R. fund usage criteria.
• The Committee will provide quarterly reports to the appropriate Council Committee.
MEETING TIME AND LOCATION
The members of the Rebuild Houston Oversight Committee must be residents of the City of Houston. City employees or contractors, engineers or firms participating in any city street and/or drainage system project are ineligible to serve.
Positions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5: Appointed by the City Council.
Positions 6, 7, 8, 9: Appointed by the Mayor.
EX-OFFICIO MEMBER: Chair of Flooding and Drainage Committee will serve as an Ex-Officio member of the Oversight Committee.
QUORUM: A majority of the members (5) of the Rebuild Houston Oversight Committee shall constitute a quorum.
TERM: Each member shall serve for a term of two years (with the exception of the initial term of positions 2, 4, 6, 8 which shall be one year) and shall hold over until the member's successor is nominated and confirmed. The terms of each even-numbered position shall end on May 1 of even-numbered years, and the terms of each odd-numbered position shall end on May 1 of odd-numbered years.
CHAIRPERSON: The chairperson of the Committee is appointed by the Mayor.
Entity is NOT included in the financial reporting for the City of Houston.
|Member Name||Position #||Chair
|Frances Castañeda Dyess||01||
|C.P. 'Chip" Bryan||04||
|Gilbert A. Herrera||06||Chair